DATES AND DEADLINES
Annual submission period: 6 January to 15 June 2022
Notification: End of September
Screening dates: October 18 to 22
THEME AND GENDER
- Documentary, experimental, fiction or animation;
- Family records and "home movies";
- Films using found footage;
- Self portraits or works on identities;
- Social landscapes or communities;
- Films around the intimacy and family ties;
- The family as problematic;
- Private spaces and familiar landscapes;
- There is no duration limit;
- Production date should not exceed three years;
- Each author/producer is limited to register two works;
- The films must be submitted with embedded English subtitles.
- Submission should be done by FilmFreeway.
To complete the submission process the author / producer must send the following documents to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Synopsis (max 250 words.);
- 3 high resolution pictures of the film (.jpeg);
- 1 movie poster (if available);
- 1 photograph of the director;
- Biography of the director (max 250 words.);
- Trailer (link and vídeo file).
If the film is selected, the author/producer will be notified up to one month before the festival.
The authors/directors or promoters will be contacted to send a version of the film with maximum quality. The film should be accompanied by the following:
- Screening authorization letter.
- MOV or MP4 file;
- Compression: PRORES or h264, maximum quality;
- Minimum resolution: 720p / Optimal resolution: 1080p or 2K;
- Embedded English subtitles.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected films may integrate extensions organized under the festival;
Fragments of selected works may be used to promote the festival via TV, radio or Internet;
The registration of films in FAMILY FILM PROJECT presupposes the knowledge and acceptance of these regulations.
- Grand Jury Prize (best film in the competition - €1,000).
- Memory and Archive Award (€700);
- Honorable mentions.