DATES AND DEADLINES
Annual submission period: 7 January to 9 June
Notification: End of September
THEME AND GENDER
- Documentary, experimental, fiction or animation.
- Family records and "home movies".
- Films using found footage.
- Self portraits or works on identities.
- Social landscapes or communities.
- Films around the intimacy and family ties.
- The family as problematic.
- Private spaces and familiar landscapes.
- There is no duration limit.
- Production date should not exceed three years.
- Each author/producer is limited to register two works.
- The films must be submitted with embedded english subtitles.
If the film is selected, the author/producer will be notified up to one month before the festival.
The authors/directors or promoters will be contacted to send a version of the film with maximum quality. The film should be accompanied by the following:
- Synopsis (max. 250 words).
- 3 frames of the work (res. 300dpi).
- 1 Movie poster (if available).
- 1 photograph of the director.
- Updated biographical summary of the director (max. 250 words).
- Trailer (file or link) if available.
- Screening authorization.
- MOV or MP4 file
- Compression: PRORES; H.264, maximum quality.
- Minimum resolution: Full HD (1920*1080).
- Embedded english subtitles.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected films may integrate extensions organized under the festival, such as VISIONA extension (Cycle Cine y Video Family Album, Programme de la Imagen de Huesca, Spain).
Fragments of selected works may be used to promote the festival via TV, radio or Internet.
The registration of films in FAMILY FILM PROJECT presupposes the knowledge and acceptance of these regulations.
The Family Film Project awards a Grand Jury Prize (usually in non-fiction genres) and a secondary prize for best fiction or animation. Honorable mentions are also assigned.
T +351 220 194 669 / M +351 938 076 613